Saturday, May 13, 2017

Self-Care with a Chronic Illness: Buy Yourself Flowers

It's Arthritis Awareness Month! This month I am challenging you to take a little time each day and practice better self-care. Each day in May, I plan to share one simple way you can show yourself some love and appreciation.

Buy Yourself Flowers. I love buying myself flowers. They are a simple pleasure that can last all week for under $5. When I go to Trader Joe's, I am met with flowers immediately. I always feel lead to the flowers that are meant for me that week. Occasionally, I will be guided to a bouquet and then realize there is another one in a little better shape, but I always take the first one I am drawn to. That's just me, you do what is right for you.

Reasons I love flowers:

  • Many times the flowers I bought haven't bloomed yet and when I wake up the next morning I am met with a new beauty
  • They remind me to stop and enjoy the little things in life
  • The flowers I buy for myself let others know that I believe I am special because you know, I am.
  • They signify that life is always changing and that is okay because just when one beautiful thing ends, another comes along

2 comments:

  1. I adore getting flowers. Getting flowers in the office always made others wonder. I loved it when my co workers became obsessed over who sent them. Who knew it was my wife. Now that is cool.

    ReplyDelete